It's Happening Here!
ALASKA'S GOT TALENT CONTEST RULES
All participants are to check in at the fair office on Sunday, August 15th no later than 1pm. All participants in the competition are responsible for their own parking and fair admission. Two winners from the Kenai Peninsula Fair will compete at the FINALS competition on Monday, September 6th, at 3 pm on the Colony Stage. All Finalists will be provided with an Alaska State Fair admission pass and one general parking pass for the day of the finals. All entries must be received by 5pm on Saturday, August 14th.
1. Contestants may only perform in one of the recognized preliminary competitions nearest to their residence location.
2. All Contestants must present themselves in a professional way, and with reasonable talent.
3. No animal acts or dangerous acts will be permitted. The Kenai Peninsula Fair is a family friendly environment.
4. No explicit content/lyrics are allowed.
5. Any contestant that is uncooperative, under the influence of drugs or alcohol uses profanity or displays any actions perceived unacceptable by the Kenai Peninsula Fair Event Staff, or the competition judges will be disqualified from the competition and removed from the venue.
6. Any contestant that earns in excess and including $1500.00 yearly performing is not eligible to participate.
7. NO BACKGROUND VOCALS. This includes during a pause, just before, chorus, or at the ending.
8. Maximum set up time is 2 minutes.
NO REFUNDS. $10 participation fee must be paid in cash at check in.
Each contestant will be required to perform (1) one talent of their choice during the competition and, if selected, (1) talent during the finals which may be the same or similar. Performance length should be limited to no more the 3 minutes. Each contestant is required to provide the props, instrumental accompaniment, tracks props, etc.) for the talent they will be performing, or they may perform unaided. For singers: songs that have accompaniment must have instrumental accompanying track ONLY (no vocals). Accompaniment needs to be submitted with your entry fee. Instrumental tracks may be submitted in the following form only: MP3 player. The Kenai Peninsula Fair does not guarantee that any MP3 provided by a contestant will play on the equipment provided during the contest. However, providing accompaniment in advance can be helpful to ensure compatibility. The only sound equipment provided by the Kenai Peninsula Fair will be microphone, monitors and main PA. Any equipment such as instruments, amplifiers, etc., is the responsibility of the participant. Set-up time is limited to 2 minutes.
Winners will be selected by a panel of qualified judges based on the following criteria:
TALENT 50 % ON A SCALE OF 1-50
STAGE PRESENCE 20%ON A SCALE OF 1-20
CHOICE SELECTION 10% ON A SCALE OF 1-10
ENTERTAINMENT VALUE 10% ON A SCALE OF 1-10
AUDIENCE REACTION 10 % ON A SCALE OF 1-10
The highest overall score wins. Tie scores will be reviewed and final placement determined by a judge’s panel discussion. The judges’ decisions are final. The winner will move onto the Alaska’s Got Talent Finals Round;
Monday, September 6, 2021 3pm-4:30pm on the Colony Stage.
If you have questions: